The North Carolina Independent Athletic Association Hall of Fame is dedicated to preserving the tradition of independent school athletics in North Carolina. The Hall of Fame seeks to highlight the past in order to insure a promising future for the North Carolina Independent Athletic Association. The recognition of past personalities and their significant contributions to our state-wide organization will serve to provide models for future generations to emulate.
Candidates are judged on their long-term contributions to independent high school interscholastic athletics governed in the State of North Carolina by the North Carolina Independent Athletic Association (NCISAA) or the parent organizations that gave rise to the NCISAA. A candidate’s career and personal life should reflect the commitment of the NCISAA and its member schools to sportsmanship, integrity, and fair play.
- The Selection Committee shall be appointed by the Executive Director of the NCISAA. The committee shall consist of representatives from member schools.
- The committee will have representation from the following areas:
- Current Staff Member of the NCISAA Office
- Current Board of Directors Member
- Current Board of Managers Member
- Board of Manager Member
- Board of Manager Member
- The two Board of Managers members may be active or retired.
- Every effort shall be made to ensure equitable representation from all areas of the state and from all classifications within the NCISAA.
- Members shall serve three-year terms and initial appointments shall be staggered to insure continuity of the Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee shall be charged with making recommendations for inductions to the North Carolina Independent Athletic Association Board of Directors.
- Names of committee members shall not be publicized.
- The Executive Director or his designee shall serve to receive all correspondence and field all questions relative to the selection process.
- The Selection Committee shall meet in January of each year in conjunction with the Winter Meetings of the Board of Directors and Board of Managers.
- Nominations shall be considered for formal induction into the Hall of Fame during the spring of that year.
- Nomination forms will be distributed at the beginning of each academic year included in the Information Packets, or mailed out as requested.
- Completed nominations forms shall be due to the NCISAA offices prior to December 1 of the same academic year.
Hall of Fame:
- Hall of Fame inductees shall receive an appropriate plaque furnished by the NCISAA and shall be formally inducted at a ceremony coordinated by the NCISAA Office and the school that the inductee is or had an affliation.
- Space in the NCISAA State Offices and on the state website shall be set aside to commemorate the inductees.
- Special recognition will be given to inductees who have pioneered the organization of the NCISAA and specific sports that are recognized by the NCISAA.
- This recognition will consist of the naming of state championship trophies and other state awards in the specific sports that inductees made considerable contributions.
Years of Service:
- The NCISAA will also recognize Years of Service to the Athletic Directors of its member schools.
- Recognition will be given to athletic directors in 5 year increments for service to the NCISAA.
- A persons years of service can carry from one member school to another member school.
- Certificates will be awarded to the athletic directors for his/her accomplishments at the January meetings of each year.
- A question will be added to the general information form to be filled out by member schools athletic director to help the NCISAA track the information.
- There will be no limit placed on the number of inductees selected annually.
- Recommendations made by the Selection Committee, approved by the Executive Director, and voted on by the Board of Managers shall constitute a final decision.