Track and Field
NFHS rules will cover any situations not specifically covered in these regulations, including uniform regulations.
Adults $10.00 Students $5.00 Children (under 8) Free
- 100% of gate receipts, after expenses, are turned in to NCISAA office.
2016-2017 2017-2018 1A Charlotte-SPAA, MAC Triad 2A Charlotte-SPAA, MAC Triad 3A Triad-PACIS Raleigh-TISAC
Uniforms will follow the National Federation of State High School Associations guidelines.
Entries, Eligibility and Automatic Qualifiers:
- To be eligible to compete in the NCISAA state meet, each team, team member, and individual entry must compete in a minimum of 4 meets on 4 separate dates during the current season.
- Athletes may compete in no more than four events including relays.
- Qualifying standards (listed below) must be earned during the current season to be eligible for state competition with the following exceptions:
- For field events, 800, 1600 and 3200: if there are fewer than 24 automatic qualifiers, provisional qualifiers should be accepted to fill out the field to 24. If there are 24 or more entries, provisional qualifiers should not be accepted. Note: If there are, for example, 23 AQs and the next two provisionals have the exact same entry time, neither would be accepted and the field would stay at 23.
- For the 100, 200, 400 and hurdles, if there are fewer than 24 automatic qualifiers, provisional qualifiers should be accepted to fill out the field to 24 (three heats of 8). If there are more than 24 automatic qualifiers, provisional qualifiers should be accepted to fill out the field to 32 (four heats of 8). Note: if provisional qualifier number 32 and 33 have the exact same time, neither would be accepted and the field would stay at 31.
- Any number of athletes who meet the published qualifying standard (in the current season) for a particular event may be entered in that event. (No longer a limit of 3 entries per team.) Note: a maximum of three members of any team will be permitted to score (see details in scoring section).
- A school may enter only one relay team per relay event.
- No late entries will be accepted after noon on the Tuesday prior to the meet. (Tuesday, May 16 for 2017)
- All entries (automatic qualifiers and provisional) must be submitted online using www.athletic.net. Changes and updates to entries can be made until the entry deadline (Noon on Tuesday, May 16, 2017).
- To offer an event at the state championship meet, the event must have a minimum of three entries.
Verification of Performances:
- Coaches must post all regular season (and conference championship) meet results within 10 days of the completion of the meet to www.athletic.net. The rankings provided by athletic.net will serve as NCISAA rankings and will serve as verification of meet results.
- Coaches should be aware athletic.net does not distinguish between 1A, 2A, and 3A in the rankings. Coaches must analyze the rankings list to determine if their athletes qualify for their division.
- Coaches are no longer required to bring copies of meet results to the NCISAA track meet as the results will be available on athletic.net at any time once they are posted.
- Note: athletic.net converts all hand held results to FAT.
Trials and Advancement:
- Trials will be held on Friday in boys and girls hurdles, boys and girls 100 meter, and boys and girls 200 and 400 meter races. (3200 relay and 3200 meter finals will also be run on Friday.)
- Advancement out of trials:
- Advancement in laned events is based on place and time. This means (2 heats = top-3 from each heat and then the next 2 fastest times, 3 heats = top 2 from each heat and the next 2 fastest times, 4-heats = top-1 from each heat and the next 4 fastest times.)
- Advancement out of field events will be based on performance. Top 9 will advance to the finals.
- Boys and girls meets will be scored separately.
- Points will be awarded as listed in the NFHS rulebook based on the number of teams entered in each meet.
- 8 places will be scored in running and field events.
- A maximum of three members of any team will be allowed to advance to the finals of the field events or races under 800 meters.
- In the event of a false start, the entire field is charged.
- The next runner committing a false start will be disqualified from that event.